I have arrived in Japn and am currently living with my host family, the Yamanakas. After landing in Tokyo I was taken to the Tokyo Olympic center were there was a five day orientation. I made many friends at the orientation as well as learning about the language and customs for living in Japan. We loved bathing in the giant public bath that was in the Olympic center. It is so calm and relaxing. We also went to a local shrine and saw the cherry blossoms (Sakura) in bloom. On the last day of the orientation, the YFU staff threw me a surprise birthday party that I will never forget! I was so surprised I didn't really know what to do. It. And it made me very happy that so many people that I barley even knew cared enough to wish me a happy birthday. The next day we left the orientation and I took the Shinkansen to Aichi where I met my host mother and father for the first time. They were so excited to see me and even made me a special sign. Next we ate a huge "steakeeee" dinner and I took a bath. The next day I met up with other YFU students and went on a sightseeing tour of aichi. I will update this blog as often as I can. Thanks for reading!

























Great pictures! Can't wait to see more and read about what you do next.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! What an exciting adventure!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are having a great time Enjoy
ReplyDeleteI LOVE these pictures. Thank you for blogging. Its so exciting to see what you're up to. Joey is grounded from Game Den this week because of a missing Language Arts assignment - even if he gets it in, he still loses the privilege of Yugioh. He bought a new deck for a new game...something out of England that I can't remember the name of. You keep blogging, I'll keep commenting. Miss you.
ReplyDelete