I have spent almost a month now living with my host family and am beggining to settle in. I love my family very much and they always go way out of their way to help me. Although they do let me a little, such as cleaning the tub or helping with dinner. We have done many things waiting for school to start such as going to the local shrine and making cermic art. They seem to always have something planned. It is also Sakura season! To celebrate, we went to a park with Ryoji's friend (Utah) and kicked a soccer ball around. My mom has also took me to my school, Yokosuka High were we took even more Sakura pictures and I met some more of my classmates. I have already joined the tennis club but plan on joining one more. We've also taken a couple trips to Nagoya to go shopping and get money for my school trip which will be in Kyoto. This weekend my host father and I went to Nagoya Dome to watch the Dragons, it was super fun and made me feel like I was in America again. We also made Tacoyaki for dinner. The first day of school I had to give a speech introducing my self in front of 1500 people, I was very nervous but went well and so far I've made a lot of super nice and genuine friends! Stay tuned for more updates and thanks for reading!






























































Zane, great post...I love seeing all that you are doing in Japan. The cherry trees are BEAUTIFUL....what were you doing in the bamboo? How's school going....is language a problem for you or do your teachers speak English? What subjects are you taking? Rachel, your Grandmother Jo's friend
ReplyDeleteWow! It looks like you are having some amazing experiences! Good thing you like sushi & you look like an expert with chop sticks. :) You are taking some wonderful pictures! Alec took pottery at the U and said it was really hard. He is in Vienna right now for a month and Cullen is just waiting for school to be over...9 more days. Thank you for keeping us updated. Take care & have fun! Love, Janette
ReplyDeleteHey Zane. What great pictures of your adventure. You are having such a great time. Joey will be finishing up finals this week, and thinks he has a fun summer ahead - little does he know, I'm lining him up with 3 on line courses. He needs the space in his schedule to continue with band. He he he. Nothing tough, Consumer health, US Gov, and drivers ed. YIKES! we'll pick up your year book, and he said he'd try to get some signatures for you. We sure miss you around here. Love you.
ReplyDelete